Thanks for registering for your Takeover!
Read below to find out how to send us content during your takeover, along with helpful tips!
For Instagram Story Takeovers, we ask you create a minimum of 3-5 stories during the event. Please use the first story to introduce yourself, including your first name and current major. Feel free to include any additional information about yourself that you feel comfortable sharing!
1. Make an Instagram Story just like your normally would using your personal account.
2. Once you’re done crafting you Story, download it to your phone by tapping the Download arrow on the top right corner of the screen. *Stories with the Music sticker cannot be downloaded.* See below:
3. After the Story is downloaded to your phone, simply DM it to our @NCStateDASA Instagram account! See below:
Click the image icon to open your phone’s gallery and send us your downloaded Story! See below:
Once we receive your Story, we’ll post it to our @NCStateDASA Instagram account and tag your handle!
Some Things to Remember
- Do not use the Music Sticker in your Takeover Story. Instagram will prevent you from tapping the download button if you use the Music Sticker.
- Please refer to our wonderful university as: NC State University or NC State
- Please do not refer to our wonderful university as: NCSU or State
Tips for Making the Perfect Instagram Story!
- “Light and Bright” – This means Stories that are well lit and not too dark do better. Find a bright place to make your stories and show your best side!
- “Video Before Photo” – People loving seeing Instagram Stories with motion. Don’t be afraid to use video in your Stories. A good mix of videos and photos work best.
- Don’t forget to use filters, gifs, and emojis as you see fit! We’re open to your creativity!
- Optional: Really want to learn how to make the best Instagram Stories from a Marketing perspective? Read this: https://later.com/blog/design-instagram-stories/
If you have any questions before, during, or after your takeover, feel free to contact us at the options below. We’re here to help!
Patrick Smith – DASA Social Media Manager
- DM us @NCStateDASA on Instagram
- Email: email@example.com
- In-Person: 101 Current Drive | Park Shops – Suite 211X, North Campus