Cardholder Leaving University/Department
Upon notification of a cardholder’s pending departure, start communicating with the cardholder on the following:
- Request the cardholder stop purchases at least one week prior to departure to allow time for charges to post and receipts to be uploaded and matched.
- Follow up on any needed documentation or receipts for existing charges
- If available, have employee approve and route statement prior to departure.
Once charges will no longer need to be made or on the last day of employment with the department the reconciler will need to:
- Notify DASA Finance to inactivate the card
- Ensure the card is collected from the cardholder and destroyed
If the employee is no longer working in the department when the statement cycle ends, the reconciler will need to route the statement (after confirming all required documentation is attached to each charge) and then notify DASA Finance that a proxy card holder needs to be assigned. DASA Finance will initiate the proxy request and complete the statement approval process.