Employee Instructions for PAL Form
Due to COVID-19, the UNC System has temporarily granted the use of paid administrative leave for the period of March 16 to March 31, 2020 for the following reasons:
- Childcare or eldercare needs due to COVID-19-related facility closings
- Sickness due to symptoms of a cold, flu or COVID-19.
- Caring for a dependent with symptoms of a cold, flu or COVID-19
- Cannot work remotely because your position duties cannot be performed remotely and reasonable alternate work is not feasible or productive.
- The employee is high risk for COVID-19 infection
For timekeeping purposes and tracking requirements for the UNC System, we are required to record the use and reasons for paid administrative leave during this period. Covered Employees/Student Workers: University Human Resources has created a form to record the use of paid administrative leave.The form should be completed by the following employees/workers:
- Permanent employees (full-time and part-time).
- Temporary employees.
- Student Workers/work-study students.
- Graduate students.
- The form should be completed for each day the employee/worker is requesting paid administrative leave. Supervisors, leave coordinators or other designated department employees can also submit the form.
- Enter the following information on the form:
- Employee name.
- Employee ID.
- Employee type.
- Date leave taken.
- Reason for paid administrative leave.
- Number of paid administrative leave hours taken for that day. Please note that paid administrative leave hours cannot exceed 40 hours per week.
- Supervisor’s name.
- Once this form is completed, click submit and the form will route to the designated leave coordinator for your college, division or unit, with a copy to your HR representative/lead for processing.