Telework Information and Resources
Who is Eligible to Telework?
Telework guidelines at NC State specify the following:
- All SHRA, EHRA non-faculty, full-time and part-time, probationary, and time-limited employees.
- EHRA Faculty are subject to the provisions outlined in their contracts and/or their statement of faculty responsibilities.
- Temporary employees are only eligible to utilize when the UNC System or the Chancellor of NC State has implemented social distancing practices under the UNC System Policy on Pandemic and Communicable Disease Emergency.
Factors to be considered by supervisors:
- Are job responsibilities portable, i.e., work that the employee can reasonably complete at an alternate site;
- Does the employee require close supervision or frequent guidance from a supervisor;
- Does the position require constant face-to-face interaction with coworkers and/or customers;
- Employee’s past performance;
- Impact on operations of the office, taking into account needs to continue operations and other employees’ telework requests.
Employees who are utilizing telework should make sure they communicate effectively through their email signature and voicemail message.
- Suggested Email Signature: Please note that NC State University is adjusting operations to allow for social distancing. We are committed to continue our work with minimal disruption during this unprecedented time. I will be working remotely at times but readily available during business hours. For the latest updates on our campus coronavirus response, please visit ncsu.edu/coronavirus
- Suggested Voicemail Message: Hi, you have reached NAME, TITLE for the Division of Academic and Student Affairs. As part of NC State’s social distancing efforts, I am currently working remotely from home. We are committed to continuing our work with minimal disruptions during this unprecedented time. I check voicemail and email frequently, so please leave a message and I’ll be in touch soon. For the latest updates on our campus coronavirus response, please visit ncsu.edu/coronavirus
DASA Telework Agreement
Guidance from DASA Tech
NC State Equipment Form for Home Use
- Guidelines: Social Distancing and Alternate Work (Telework)
- Life Kit: 8 Tips to Make Working from Home Work for You
- Article: 5 Ways to Manage a Team of Telecommuters
- Tools for Advisors: Resources to Support Remote Advising
- University Human Resources: Telework Toolkit
Manager Resources provided by DASA Human Resources (March 2020)