Social Distancing and DASA Telework Guidelines
This information was shared via email to all DASA Staff on March 15, 2020.
Our response to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) has required flexibility as we work to meet the needs of our students and campus community while also considering the needs of our employees. On Saturday, Governor Roy Cooper issued an executive order that bans gatherings of over 100 people and directs the closure of K-12 public schools for at least two weeks. Additionally, Chancellor Woodson is also encouraging practices and processes that embrace social distancing.
This new executive order has wide-ranging impacts on our staff and faculty. With this and the guidance from the university in mind, DASA directors and department heads should offer the option to telework, subject to director/department head and cabinet-level approval. Offices must continue to provide coverage in order for all services to remain fully operational. Employees who telework are expected to work regular business hours and must be readily accessible via phone, email, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.
As the chancellor stated, remote work is not a viable alternative for all positions. Employees who are in those positions but are now dealing with school or child care closures should contact their supervisor to request time off and submit leave requests for time not worked.
Steps for Requesting Remote Telework
- Communicate with your supervisor to request telework and possible work arrangements as soon as possible. Information on eligibility to telework.
- Complete the DASA Telecommuting Agreement Form. This can be found on the DASA HR website under Forms.
- Review the Working from Home information from DASA Tech, it provides very helpful information on preparing to work from home.
- If you will have NC State equipment at home (such as a laptop), you should also complete the NCSU Equipment Form for Home Use.
- Communicate frequently with your supervisor about your work progress and any unique challenges you may encounter.
University HR has also provided a number of helpful FAQs for employees and we encourage you to review those. If you have specific questions, contact your DASA HR partner.
Thank you for your patience and your commitment to our students during this unprecedented time.
With Wolfpack Pride,
Interim Vice Chancellor
Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Assistant Vice Chancellor