NC State Guides App
DASA has launched NC State Guides, a mobile event app available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. This branded app is home to all individual Guides at the university and leverages Guidebook functionality across the campus. This app is separate from the generic Guidebook app and features our university brand and cross-promotion of various events, services and programs.
To see our app in action, go to the NC State Guides landing page at go.ncsu.edu/guidebook, where the app can be downloaded for free.
- Guidebook has a straightforward content management system that makes it easy to build and maintain your Guide.
- Guidebook provides great online help, and DASA Tech also provides Quick Start documentation.
- Guidebook can sync your events with a Google calendar.
- Your Guide will be compliant with university branding and features our own branded icon set.
- Your Guide will benefit from the cross-promotion of many other Guides (currently 30+ and growing). For example, the Guides for Orientation, Wolfpack Welcome Week, and Packapalooza jointly generated more than 12,000 downloads. All of those users see the other Guides within our app.
Need more convincing? Consider the cost (free for DASA units) compared to thousands of dollars for developing a custom mobile app that may not work on all standard platforms.
How to Request a Guide
- Complete the Guide Order Form.
- Within five business days, your Guide will be activated.
- Admins and editors will be granted access to their new Guide.
- DASA Tech will initiate the financial transaction to complete the payment for the Guide.