Troubleshoot Your Browser
- Windows – Hold down the “Ctrl” key and then click on your browser’s refresh button
- Mac – Hold down the Shift key and then click on your browser’s refresh button
- Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/troubleshooter/6273575
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems
- Apple Safari: https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/#/sfri11861
Still need help?
- Send a detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find your Computer’s Name
On Windows 10 …
- Click Start
- Click the DASA Tech Resources folder
- Click My Computer Information
You will see a popup window that contains your computer’s name.
On macOS …
- Click the Apple Icon in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click System Preferences…
- Click Sharing (It looks like a blue folder and is usually in the bottom row of icons)
Your computer name is displayed at the top of the window that appears.
Sanitize Your Devices
As we look to a return to campus, and even for devices that are off-campus, please ensure that your technology remains safe for use. This is especially true for shared devices like kiosk computers. It is important that devices are cleaned before they are sanitized to ensure the best results.
All electronics can be cleaned with a damp, not wet, lint free soft paper towel or cloth with warm soapy water. Damp means that the cloth can be wrung out and does not drip.
Gently wipe any visibly unclean surfaces ensuring that water does not drip or leave a soapy residue behind. Wipe the device dry following.
Spray isopropyl alcohol (60-80%) onto a lint-free cloth or paper product. Ensure the cloth is damp, not wet—wringing the cloth should not yield drips.
Gently wipe the cloth on the surface to clean. Avoid getting moisture in any openings such as between the keys of a keyboard. Leave to dry for 5-10 seconds depending on the alcohol concentration.
NOTE: Please avoid the use of ammonia or bleach-based products which are caustic for electronics.
Request Software Purchase (Adobe, Visio, etc)
DASA Tech handles software purchasing for all units in DASA, and takes advantage of special pricing made available through OIT. (Please note that the cost for Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro are covered and do not need to be requested for purchase.) Available titles are listed below. The prices are approximate as licensing contracts with vendors change each year, and some prices are based on the total number of licenses purchased by the campus.
Please use this form to make your request.
- Adobe Perpetual Licensing Products (one-time cost; you own it in perpetuity)
- Font Folio
- Photoshop Elements (Not Photoshop by itself – Approximately $35 per year)
- Premiere Elements
- Adobe Create Cloud – (Annual cost of approximately $245)
- Includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and several other products
- Quickbase (online database – Annual cost of approximately $45)
- Techsmith Products
- Camtasia (screen recording)
- Mac – Approximately $110 as a one-time expense, then approximately $20 annually to keep your license.
- Win – Approximately $110 as a one-time expense, then approximately $20 annually to keep your license.
- SnagIt (screen capture) – Approximately $110 as a one-time expense, then approximately $10 annually to keep your license.
- Camtasia/SnagIt Bundle – Approximately $110 as a one-time expense, then approximately $30 annually to keep your license.
- Camtasia (screen recording)
- Visio (flowchart/org chart/diagram) – Approximately $100 as a one-time expense
Request a NC State University Guide
DASA has launched NC State Guides App, which is an app available through the Apple and Google app stores. This branded app is home to all individual Guides at the university and leverages Guidebook functionality across the campus.
Get the most out of Google Apps
Check-out Loaner Equipment
DASA Tech has a variety of equipment available for check-out to DASA units, and can be used for events, or longer-term as needed as available. Please send requests to DASA Tech. Available equipment varies, so please just ask if you need something!
Requests to check-out equipment should be sent to email@example.com.