Hiring a Temporary Non Student Worker
All openings, other than those filled by student workers, must be posted for at least five days.
- Candidates must apply through PeopleAdmin
- Submit the names of those candidates that you wish to interview to your DASA HR partner.
- Once you get the OK to proceed, you can conduct the interviews.
- When interviews are done and you have picked your candidate, submit hiring proposal information to your DASA HR partner. Be sure to include:
- Requested Start Date
- Rate of Pay (must be within advertised range)
- Reference check information – must contact two references and provide the name of the person, title, and company.
- Once the hiring proposal has been approved you will be notified to extend the offer
- when the offer is accepted notify your HR partner and confirm the salary and start date.
- The candidate will be sent a background check link via email. Please note – background checks can take two weeks or more.
- You will be notified when the background check has cleared and the hire action is complete.
- Onboarding Center will contact the new employee requesting an appointment to complete I-9, direct deposit, campus ID, etc.