DASA Technology Temporarily Unavailable 10/14/21 @ 9am – 3pm
The entire DASA Technology department will be off-site on Thursday, October 14th from 9am until 3pm for an off-site work-session centered around improving the services we provide.
During this time, we will be unavailable to provide regular support. While we recognize the potential for temporary inconvenience, we are focused on continuous improvement efforts to ensure our DASA colleagues continue to receive the best possible support.
We truly appreciate your support!
We would be remiss not to share some highlights from this past year with you to underscore our commitment to continuous improvement:
- Average ticket response time fell from over 49 hours down to 18 hours in the past year.
- We had a 96% positive customer satisfaction rating across just shy of 6,000 support requests last year.
- We provided support for nearly 2,000 computing devices across the division and managed the rollout of over 200 updates to those devices.
- Staff spent a combined 3,400 hours on 61 unique department-specific support projects that ranged from rolling out new enterprise grade software, to increasing functionality of existing software, tackling UNC System Office compliance requirements, and everything in between.
- We launched the AdminMe course and tool to provide a University Endpoint Protection Standard (EPS) compliant tool for all staff to allow greater control of devices.
- We are in the final weeks of completing the first-ever comprehensive inventory and asset tracking project which consumed roughly 20 weeks of work this year. These efforts will help support DASA departments making better, and more accurately informed, purchasing decisions with scarce budget resources.
We continue to be enthusiastic supporters of the fantastic work being carried out by each DASA department and look forward to serving you even better in the coming year! Thank you for your understanding while we step back from day-to-day operations and “sharpen our saws” for the work ahead.