SHRA Performance Management Program Changes
NC State University is implementing a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program for the 2017-2018 performance appraisal cycle, which officially began on April 1, 2017.
All UNC system institutions have now aligned performance management practices with a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy and Program.
The new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program places emphasis on both institutional goals and individual goals while streamlining the content of the performance plan, standardizing the categories for evaluation, increasing the accuracy of performance ratings, and promoting effective communication between employees and supervisors. The new policy and program applies to all SHRA probationary, time-limited and permanent, and career status employees. This policy does not apply to temporary employees.
During the month of May, you should expect to meet with your supervisor and receive a “Performance Plan” that outlines your goals for the year.
DASA HR is offering sessions so that SHRA staff can learn about the new program and resources. We highly encourage you to sign up for a session. Training sessions will last an hour. If you already attended the supervisor training, you do NOT need to attend one of these sessions. DASA Human Resources is offering the following sessions:
- Friday, April 14: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in University College Commons
- Tuesday, April 18: 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. in 108 University College Commons
- Thursday, April 20: 9:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. in 2301 Student Health Center
- Thursday, April 27: 11:00 a.m. – Noon at Playzone (Carmichael Rec Center)
University HR Sessions
If none of those sessions work with your schedule, University HR is also offering the same information at sessions on April 25th and 27th, and May 17th. To enroll in one of those sessions, follow their instructions:
- Go to go.ncsu.edu/reporter
- Log in with you Unity Id credentials
- Select the Course Catalog link from the left-side menu
- Select “HR” under Course Prefix
- Enter “48” under Course Id
- Select the red Search button.
- Select the session you wish to register for.
Online resources, including FAQs, are available now on the Employee Relations website.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the DASA HR team.