SHRA Performance Management – Mandatory Training for Supervisors
NC State University is implementing a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program for the 2017-2018 performance appraisal cycle, which begins on April 1, 2017. All UNC system institutions have now aligned performance management practices with a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy and Program.
The new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program places emphasis on both institutional goals and individual goals while streamlining the content of the performance plan, standardizing the categories for evaluation, increasing the accuracy and defensibility of performance ratings, and promoting effective communication between employees and supervisors. The new policy and program applies to all SHRA probationary, time-limited and permanent, and career status employees. This policy does not apply to temporary employees.
All supervisors of at least one SHRA employee have important upcoming requirements:
- SHRA Supervisors must complete SHRA 2016-2017 annual appraisals utilizing the current work plan document. Appraisals must be submitted to DASA HR by April 28, 2017.
- Attend training on the new performance management process. Supervisor training on the new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program is mandatory. You will have an option to attend a session presented by DASA HR or a general session offered by University HR. If you cannot attend one of these sessions, please let us know. DASA HR is also available to schedule small group training for groups of at least 5 supervisors who are required to attend training. Session information is listed below.
DASA Performance Management Training Sessions
- Thursday, 3/16, 2:00 – 4:00pm, Talley Student Union, Room 4270
- Tuesday, 3/21, 1:00 – 3:00pm, Talley Student Union, Room 4270
- Thursday, 3/23, 2:00 – 4:00pm, Bragaw Hall, Activity Room